VMware Cloud Community
luho
Contributor
Contributor

vCLI on Linux - resxtop, vifp

hello,

just installed vCLI (source: VMware-vSphere-CLI-5.5.0-2043780.x86_64.tar.gz) on an ubuntu 12.04.5 -64bit host and a few questions came up.

before executing the vmware-install.pl i did: apt-get install lib32z1 build-essential gcc uuid uuid-dev perl libssl-dev perl-doc liburi-perl libxml-libxml-perl libcrypt-ssleay-perl libarchive-zip-perl libsoap-lite-perl libdata-dump-perl libclass-methodmaker-perl

1) where are the executeables for vifp-commands? do i need to install anything additional?

2) if i try to start resxtop with "resxtop --server=esxi01.mydomain.com" the following message appears:

/usr/lib/vmware-vcli/bin/resxtop: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Many thanks for any advice.

greetings

lukas

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CoolRam
Expert
Expert

While Installing vCLI you need to install the dev Envirnment Linux VM and libXMl,Crypto, SSL . It will automatically resolve all other dependencies.

If resxtop has problem while loading /usr/lib/vmware-vcli/bin/resxtop then its not correctlt install.

better you install vMA Appliance. Its just a OVF . It is complete solution of vCLI .

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Srinivasu13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

try

yum install ncurses

and

yum install  libstdc++

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, Srini
luho
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your comments, i had to add the packages:

lib32ncurses5 libncurses5 libxml2:i386

... and resxtop started without problems. Smiley Happy

i still search for the vifp executable, it seems it is not even included in the latest installer (VMware-vSphere-CLI-5.5.0-2043780.x86_64.tar.gz)

regards,

lukas

0 Kudos