VMware Cloud Community
umarzuki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

upload vcops 5.8 failed with sha1 error

VMware-vcops-5.8.4.0-2199700-vapp

when selecting resource during deploying ovf template, it failed with "the provided manifest file is invalid: invalid ovf checksum algorith: sha1."

md5sum & sha1sum are both correct upon checking of ova file.

is there any specific

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you tried using the vSphere Client and vSphere Web Client. I have experienced something similar and solved it be using the Web Client instead of the vSphere Client if i remember correctly.

You do know you are trying to use a very old version of vCOPS? vROPS 6.4 is the latest version and has many improvements over 5.8.

Basically vCOPS 5.x has been replaced by vROPS 6.x and provides the following improvements.

vcops_vrops.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you tried using the vSphere Client and vSphere Web Client. I have experienced something similar and solved it be using the Web Client instead of the vSphere Client if i remember correctly.

You do know you are trying to use a very old version of vCOPS? vROPS 6.4 is the latest version and has many improvements over 5.8.

Basically vCOPS 5.x has been replaced by vROPS 6.x and provides the following improvements.

vcops_vrops.JPG

0 Kudos
umarzuki
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks!

I uploaded vrealize operations manager instead and now trying to add vcenter adapter to it.

0 Kudos