VMware Cloud Community
Askk77
Contributor
Contributor

upgrade vCenter 6.0 running on Windows 2008 server with External PSC on Windows Server

Hello All,

we are planning to upgrade vCenter 6.0 running on Windows 2008 server with External PSC on Windows Server. the Database is on SQL running on windows 2008. the Target is 6.7 with embedded PSC. i need your suggestion on this upgrade and the best practice to follow. 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert

I don't believe there is a direct upgrade path from vCenter 6.0 on Windows to vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) 6.7.  Installing vCenter on Windows is no longer supported.

0 Kudos
Askk77
Contributor
Contributor

I mean we are looking for options to migrate to VC 6.7. followed the steps suggested by VMware but received Error message while running VMware Migration assistance. "internal error occurs during vmware vcenter server "database" pre-upgrade checks". Database is running on MS SQL 

0 Kudos
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert

Honestly, I have never had luck using that migration wizard back in the day.  I would personally just build 6.7 as a new one, set everything up, and migrate over.  That way, you get a good clean install without any crazy baggage.  It's more work, but worth it in the end.

0 Kudos