VMware Cloud Community
AllenGilbert
Contributor
Contributor

unable to update VMWare 7.0.1 due to vib version

Hi.

I'm new to VMWare I have installed 2 identical servers with the DEL OEM iso all fine. I have gone to patch it to the latest version and I get:

VIB QLC_bootbank_qedi_2.19.51.0-1OEM.700.1.0.15843807 requires qedentv_ver = X.40.28.0, but the requirement cannot be satisfied within the ImageProfile.

VIB QLC_bootbank_qedf_2.2.52.0-1OEM.700.1.0.15843807 requires qedentv_ver = X.40.28.0, but the requirement cannot be satisfied within the ImageProfile.

if I do an esxcli software vib list I get:

qedentv 3.40.19.0-1OEM.700.1.0.15843807 QLC VMwareCertified 2021-02-18

this seems to contradict the error previous. Can anyone help or advise please

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What you may do if no additional drivers, or tools are required is to:

1.) Upload the Dell customized offline bundle (.zip file) to a folder on a datastore

2.) Find out the profile name from the offline bundle

esxcli software sources profile list -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore/folder/offline-bundle.zip

3.) Update the host by installing the new profile, thus removing any components that are not in the current profile

esxcli software profile install -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore/folder/offline-bundle.zip -p <profilename> --ok-to-remove --dry-run

If you have individual drivers installed, consider replacing "install" with "update" in the command line.
Note:--dry-run may be used to evaluate what's going to happen without actually changing anything. To run the update, omit --dry-run.

André

0 Kudos
dsitotovision
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos