Contributor
Contributor

unable to install ESXI IN MY LAPTOP

0 Kudos
11 Replies
rbrittner
Contributor
Contributor

Curious to know why you are running full ESXi on your laptop.  why not Workstation 16? 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

ESXi is designed to run on enterprise grade server hardware, why did you expect it to run on your laptop?

It may not have drivers for the storage controller, or the network adapter, or support the CPU…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Oh, and you should expect a moderator to move your thread to the ESXi area now that I’ve reported it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
md8
Contributor
Contributor

on VMware workstation pro I'm installing but i unable to install I'm getting error that i shared you, 

0 Kudos
md8
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
rbrittner
Contributor
Contributor

No, you are loading the full ESXi 7.03. You need Workstation Pro 16. 

0 Kudos
rbrittner
Contributor
Contributor

Are you running embedded ESX 7.03?  

0 Kudos
rbrittner
Contributor
Contributor

I mean nested ESXi on Workstation Pro?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It would have been helpful to mention that you were nesting inside a Workstation VM in your initial post, any other details you haven’t shared?

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

ESXi needs more harddisk space than what you assigned.
The days when ESXi was happy with just a few GBs are gone.

Ulli

0 Kudos