VMware Cloud Community
andrew_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

throughput speed problem on SCSI

Hello guys,

I've a problem on vmware esxi 5.0 on Proliant Dl380 G6 with LSI scsi device where is attach external backup loader.

Everything was fine for two years, speed throughput for backup was about 1,3Gb for minute using Symantec Backup Exec.

Suddenly last week no longer works, speed throughput changed to 133Mb/s constant speed, seems there is a limiter!

I've try to change cable and backup autoloader device but problem persist, on LSI scsi is attach only backup and no device or disks.

I don't know what happened, maybe there is a kind of debug on Vmware system for trouble this problem?

I hope in your support.

Note: the throughput speed is the same both on local disk or network ..

Thanks

Bye

Andrea

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaydeepSathe
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Andrea,

Have you recently applied any updated to Backup Exec. If yes, have updated all the Remote Agents (on VMs). Also I am not sure if you mean you are backing up to a tape of disk. If you are backing up to a tape device then make sure that you have the latest Symantec tape drives installed. If you are backing up to a B2D folder, is it local B2D as in on an Internal HDD or is it on a External device (USB HDD, NAS, SAN) If this is a Internal HDD, check for defragmentation (Caution - don't run defrag as it would destroy the whole B2D folder)

Other than this, have you made any changes to the Network in the past few days, it just might be some maintainance performed somewhere in the setup. That would be the best place to start looking for any cables/connections which are not secured properly.

0 Kudos
andrew_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your answers,  I can inform you that the problem was scsi adapter  Smiley Happy

I've replace it with another one and throughput has returned to normal speed transfer (about 1,4Gb/min).

thanks

Andrea

0 Kudos