VMware Cloud Community
alex2875
Contributor
Contributor

the redo log for xxx.vmdk is corrupted, if the problem persists discard the log, Vsphere 6 and Veeam

Hi to all, I've an annoying big problem on a new environment:

Esxi 6.0 update 2 hp branded

Hp Proliant Ml 350 G9 and Synology 515+.

Veaam Backup & Replication 9.5 and Acronis for Vmware.

the structure is mad by 2 simple virtual machines, one is a fileserver with 1,8 Tb secondary hard disk vmdk (windows). the first time i've done Veeam backup all is gone perfectly. On the second one I've noticed that backup was taking about 8 hours, too much time for it, so I've suspended with Veeam and changed some options like wan tipe and others. From this point every time i try a backup at a certain point the filesrver virtual machine stops working, shutting down and give me a redo log corrupted error for virtual machine hd 1,8Tb vmdk, if the problem persists, discard the log. The only way i can recover starting vm is stopping backup work (the bk software removes snapshot) and after that i've to detach secondary hd, consolidate, reattach and start. But I'm not able to do backups!! tried also with Acronis for Vmware, same behaviour. So I'm a bit desperate...i can't clone a 1,8Tb HD! too much time...is there a way to remove this damn redo log? If i recreate the vm attaching disks do you think it will work? the disk seems to be perfet, people working on it with no problem until backup shut down the vm.

Hope I've explained well...thank you for any help...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please post a complete list of files in the VM's folder, i.e. the output of ls -lisa from the command line, and attach the VM's .vmx as well as its .vmsd file to a reply post.

André.

0 Kudos