VMware Cloud Community
Musfir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

store with virtual machine greyed out

Hi All

I  want to configure RDM for a VM that has been powered off. When i  selected a to add RDM for a LU, the option "Store with virtual machine"  was greyed out, only "Specify datastore" is available. From what i had  experienced, by specifying a datastore (only local datastore was  available to its host), if i Store RDM configration In Local Store What will happn to MY HA.

Thanks

Musfir.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PramodKhalate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Musfir,

Its seems you have configured your VMs with NFS Datastores, as RDMS are only  avilable for VMFS volumes, if you use the local datastore then HA will not work, you have to present one VMFS volumes in all ESX hosts and specify a datastore while configuring RDM LUN.

Thanks

Pramod

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PramodKhalate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Musfir,

Its seems you have configured your VMs with NFS Datastores, as RDMS are only  avilable for VMFS volumes, if you use the local datastore then HA will not work, you have to present one VMFS volumes in all ESX hosts and specify a datastore while configuring RDM LUN.

Thanks

Pramod

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Musfir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI Pramod

thank you very mach pramod. your answer is saved my life Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Thanks

Musfir

0 Kudos
PramodKhalate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You are welcome  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos