VMware Cloud Community
JanJan2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sound card passthrough and use in Win7 how?

by the way: the Lynx Studio AES16e works good in my desktop PC (just Windows 7 not VM)

1. So I tried to run it on server with installed VMware ESXi 5.1 U1. Of course in VShereClient I see just unknown PCIe device, but can passthrough to guest OS Windows 7 64bit. then I can see (after driver installation) Lynx AES16e in Device Manager (where you can all devices available in system like videoadapters, cpu, net and so on) so then I'm going to Windows mixer (where you can see what Audio devices are available to play/record sound and there only remoted audio device NOT Lynx AES16e.

2. just tried to install USB-SPDIF audio converter  M2Tech Hiface RCA 2 - so the same problem: can see it in device manager but not in audio devices

What to do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
ScreamingSilenc
Jump to solution

Check below links for your solution

Virtual HD Audio Hardware in vSphere 5 « Virtualization.BlogNotions - Thoughts from Indust...

VMware KB: Enabling sound for Remote Desktop Protocol in a Windows virtual machine

Thanks

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
0 Kudos
JanJan2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mustafa

VMware KB: Enabling sound for Remote Desktop Protocol in a Windows virtual machine

Thank you! So just enabled sound for RDP and now can see and hear my USB sound card

0 Kudos
ScreamingSilenc
Jump to solution

Your most welcome.

Since your problem is solved can you mark your question Correct or Helpful as required.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
0 Kudos