VMware Cloud Community
sivaksk147
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

service mgmt-vmware restart issue in ESXi 5.0

Hi Techies,

i am able to restart management services using this"service mgmt-vmware restart"  command on ESX but i coudn't do this on ESXi, i used to get service not found, even i thave tryied this way also "/etc/init.d/mgmt-vmware restart", but i can restart the management network by loging into the DCUI. here my doubt is that, is it above command has been removed in ESXi servers or how ? can some body clarify my doubts.

Thanks

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

this command going restart all the service right ? like hostd,vpxa and watchdong and many more

yes

...this will intrupt anything in a network

no

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

try

services.sh restart

sivaksk147
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

this command going restart all the service right ? like hostd,vpxa and watchdong and many more..............? this will intrupt anything in a network ?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

It will not interrupt any newtwork connection of ESXi host. yes, it will restart hostd , vpxa related services.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

this command going restart all the service right ? like hostd,vpxa and watchdong and many more

yes

...this will intrupt anything in a network

no

0 Kudos