VMware Cloud Community
lowemic1
Contributor
Contributor

reset iSCSI name?

When we setup our iSCSI adapter in ESX4 when enabling the iSCSI the long proper iSCSI name that is created we changed it to something shorter. The iSCSI didn't care. A new iSCSI appliance we've bought seems to only want the long auto generated name. Is there anyway to regenerate this? I've disabled the software iSCSI adapter, rebooted the host and when I renable the iSCSI software adapter even though the name box is blank it puts the short name we gave it back in.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

you need change IQN ?

if yes, check this thread, maybe help http://communities.vmware.com/thread/307221

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
lowemic1
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way for the host to go back to that default IQN after you change it though?

0 Kudos
Kahonu84
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It shouldn't. I'm in the final stage (last one today) of upgrading my hosts from 3.5.4 to 4.1.1. In every case, once installed, when I change the IQN back to what was being used in 3.5.4, the name change sticks.

Permission problem??

0 Kudos
lowemic1
Contributor
Contributor

I can manually put in what I want and get it to stick...I'mjust trying to get the host to go back to default and come up with a properly structured IQN name because my SAN will only accept that.

0 Kudos
Kahonu84
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try disabling iSCSI is the Security Profile/reboot and see if that gets you back to point 0.

0 Kudos
lowemic1
Contributor
Contributor

nope just gives itself the same short name.

0 Kudos