VMware Cloud Community
albyindia
Contributor
Contributor

"Web service not available" message after installing SP2 in Win XP Pro x64

VMWare was up and running in Windows XP Proffessional x64. I have installed SP2, kaspersky-antivirus 2010 and restarted.

After that when I go to https://localhost:8308/ui/# by entering the valid username and password I am getting the error "Web service not available"

I am not able to access from remote host also. I have few virtual machines hosted and was used by my team.

Please help me to bring this back.

Any help to bring it back will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

Hi albyindia,

Try disabling the A.

If that works, enable it again, but view the firewall settings and enable access to port 8308.

Also, verify that the services are all actually running ion the machine and that the exclusions exist in the firewall / AVA for ther exes used by all of these.

when trying to start the service, if there is an issue, you will get a popuop telling you that the service failed to start

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
albyindia
Contributor
Contributor

I have disabled the firewall. Uninstalled the Kaspersky antivirus. I tried enabling the port as well. Even then I am getting the same error.

I have observed that VMWare host agent is not getting started. In the event viewer under System, I am getting a message "VMWare host agent service terminated unexpectedly".

Please help me to bring the VMWare back.

0 Kudos