VMware Cloud Community
vm_George
Contributor
Contributor

"The VMRC console has disconnected...attempting to reconnect"

Is there a fix for Windows 8 client running the vSphere Client and  when you launch the VM, you get the message "The VMRC console has  disconnected...attempting to reconnect"  ?

I am now using Wndows 8 as my primary computer OS, and I am attempting to connect to ESXi Server VMs

0 Kudos
6 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Have you checked some of the solutions from this thread - http://communities.vmware.com/thread/333026

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
vm_George
Contributor
Contributor

Reading the post there seems to be no fix for this issue as yet.

So I wait until VMware can fix the vSphere Client ?

0 Kudos
vm_George
Contributor
Contributor

I have built another Windows 8 64 bit Release Preview Build 8400 workstation (client), installed VMware-Viclient-all-5.0.0-455964 using Windows 7 as the compatibility mode, and then connected to a ESXi Server, launched a VM window and again received the message "The VMRC console has disconnected...attempting to reconnect".   This time I am in a different work environment with a different set of ESXi 5.0 servers.

If you are using Windows 8 Release Preview Build 8400 workstation to run VMware-Viclient  (i.e. vSphere Client), then please post here and tell me if this does or does not work for you.

If you KNOW how to get this to work, please post here too.  If you only think you know, please do not bother posting.

If you are able to, please build a Windows 8 Release Preview workstation and install VMware-Viclient  (i.e. vSphere Client) and see if you have the same issue as I do, and then post back your comments.

0 Kudos
vm_George
Contributor
Contributor

From suggestions given by others, I have tired the following;

Install .NET 3.5 like this -- run an elevated command prompt (WIN+X and choose Command Prompt (Admin), then type

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:d:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

where D is the DVD of Windows 8 (or mounted ISO).

Right click the vsphere client exe and choose Properties

Choose the Compatibility tab

Tick Run this program in compatibility mode and choose Windows 7

Tick Run this program as an administrator

Click OK

While the above does install VMware-viclient-all-5.0.0-455964.exe when I run the vSphere Client I am still getting the error message "The VMRC console has disconnected...attempting to reconnect" when I attempt to open up a console window.

For installing .NET 3.x see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

If you are using Windows 8 Release Preview Build workstation to run  VMware-Viclient  (i.e. vSphere Client), then please post here and tell  me if you can open a console window to a running VM without any issues.

0 Kudos
AmeenMunaff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Do you have a compatibilty mode to run the app..  if yes run in with previous version of OS

Regard

Ameen Munaf

Regards, Ameen Munaf
0 Kudos
mihirbhavsar
Contributor
Contributor

I concur to vm_George.

0 Kudos