VMware Cloud Community
MRoushdy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

"Lost Access To Volume" - tons of error messages

Hello,

I get like 1 thousand error messages everyday about losing connections to datastores, I thought it's just a bug in ESXi 6.0, and it will go after upgrading to 6.7, but this didn't happen, IO still get the same message after deploying a fresh installation of ESXi 6.7. We have many HPE server models, and many NETAPP enterprise SAN storages, connected via eight Brocade 6510 switches, and neither the storage systems, nor the SAN switches report any issues or latency issues. Also, VMware support has confirmed that all of the H/W drivers are compatible with the hardware and firmware versions.

I can't tell if we are facing performance issues or not, but mostly not, and I'm intending to perform a SAN fabric reboot to test the paths from servers to SAN, but with these errors I wont.

Has anyone faced the same issue please?

Thank you,

vEXPERT - VCAP-DCV - Blog: arabitnetwork.com | YouTube: youtube.com/c/MohamedRoushdy
0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Only a guess, so make sure you check this with Netapp recommendations before changing any settings.

ATS may sometime cause such issues, see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2113956

André

0 Kudos
MRoushdy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks. I've gone through the KB, and we are still using VMFS5 datastores, but we are planning to upgrade to VMFS6 very soon. I will check with NETAPP anyway. Thanks again.

vEXPERT - VCAP-DCV - Blog: arabitnetwork.com | YouTube: youtube.com/c/MohamedRoushdy
0 Kudos