VMware Cloud Community
vm7user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Host storage status" alarm

Hello,

I have two hosts ESXi 6.7 and 6.5

I regularly get triggered alarms "Host storage status" (red exclamation).

But i do not see any errors in RAID controllers logs...

How to see more detailed info about "Host storage status" alarm?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Look at the properties of the alarm itself to see what condition is being triggered, if you want to edit the condition you will need to go to the root of the inventory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vm7user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

>>Look at the properties of the alarm itself

there is no exact cause for the trigger.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Tried this? Monitor Hardware Health Status

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vm7user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Monitor-Hardware Health-Storage Sensors shows

vmhba1 Warning(yellow) "All functionality is available but some might be degraded"

useless info...

Joe1309
Contributor
Contributor

This is my biggest issue with Vcenter. If you want to alert me something is wrong, when i click you, take me there. Not the definitions of the alarm. I find myself hunting for the issue more than fixing it. That could be me not knowing Vcenter enough, but it is still really not intuitive.

Srijithk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

just check from any out of band management solution like ilo/idrac/kvm etc  for that hosts just to be very sure you don't see any genuine issues there, once done you can clear the ipmi logs mute the sensor and restart sfcb watchdog that will prevent the generation  of any such false alarms from that sensor in future 

Thanks,

Srijith

0 Kudos
Brian201110141
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is a little late, but try running the following command and check the "Computed Reading" column for any disk faults:

localcli hardware ipmi sdr list

I had the same issue and found a failed drive in the host:

0.49 Disk or Disk Bay 2 Drive 2 Status 0 4.2 Drive Fault

HTH