VMware Cloud Community
abulhol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Actions" menu is buggy on 7.0.3 latest build

We recently upgraded our ESXi's to 7.0.3, build 20842708.

The web UI design has changed a bit, which we don't mind, but when we select a VM and then click on the "Actions" button, it often doesn't show the complete menu. 

Instead, what we get looks like so:

abulhol_0-1673008797524.png

I.e. the top part which includes "Power" and "Snapshots" isn't visible/reachable. 

If we click the "Actions" button a couple of times, we can get the full menu, but it's pretty random and annoying. 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

What if the problem is in the browser? Cache and cookies cleaned? Have you tested it in Incognito mode?

0 Kudos
abulhol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The browser is latest Chrome v108. 

It is definitely not a caching issue, but rather random. 
E.g. if I click the button five times, it displays the menu correctly twice, and three times badly. 

There is no Javascript error in the console. 

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

True, and the defect it is related with the so-called "ESXi Host Client" version 2.x, i.e. both ESXI version 7.0U3i and ESXi 8.0.
As long as the zoom factor (at least in the browser) is over 100% (let's say 125%) then the drop-down menu related to the "action" button tends to go a little too often "out the screen".

Regards,
Ferdinando

A note: I do not exclude that a different zoom factor of 100% at the system level or a display resolution lower than the canonical full HD does produce the exact same defect.