VMware Cloud Community
Mike_Gray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

psc installation help

Hello team,

I am trying to install psc and v center 6.5 on separate appliance(not embedded one) .  there is fresh installation of esxi 6.5 but when i try to install psc it doesn't show new port group. it showing "non-ephemeral distributed virtual port groups are not supported and are not displayed in the drop-down menu". how to proceed in this case   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Can you confirm that you created a Virtual Machine port group (i.e. not a VMKernel port group) for the 104 subnet on the ESXi host?

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello Mke_Gray,

Please create a virtual machine port group on your ESXi host standard vSwitch and restart the installation.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
Mike_Gray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, yes i can see the network when i created port-group on vswitch0. But see my scenario.

ESXI host : 192.168.101.22/24   NW 192.168.101.0/24

But PSC in different network

PSC host : 192.168.104.102/24   NW 192.168.104.0/24

installer doesn't show the network, if i create another vswitch/portgroup and up-link  to the physical nic for PSC network .

Please let me know how we can handle this scenario

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Can you confirm that you created a Virtual Machine port group (i.e. not a VMKernel port group) for the 104 subnet on the ESXi host?

André

0 Kudos
vasan22in
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Mike_Gray

Create two VM Network port group in a single vswitch and named it as ESXhost & PSChost (take it as example). While installing external PSC select PSChost portgroup and configure it.

-Srini

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Thanks, Srini
0 Kudos
Mike_Gray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you all ,

I just created a vss with port group without any vmknic and worked. Later i migrated from VSS o VDS

0 Kudos