VMware Cloud Community
fapri
Contributor
Contributor

propagate??? please help

I am administrator of small  VMware vSphere infrastructure to integrate with Veeam Backup created a user with VCB role, so far so good.
I created the user enable propagation by child objects.
the most weird is that my administrator profile failed to operate as such, can not do shutdown / restart my VMS like oyher aministrator tasks..... I can not even login through VIC directly to my ESX 4.0 hosts using my admin account.
What went wrong?
please help me to overcome this, so i can fully admin my DC, hosts and VMS, is not the first time I create a user with this type of role and never happened to me this kind of phenomenon.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
bshubinsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm confused - are you having issues doing those tasks with the VCB account, or with the Administrator account? What happens if you try to log into the host with root?

0 Kudos
fapri
Contributor
Contributor

hello there
this happens using the ESX Admin account, this Vsphere platform was handed to me by another Sys_Admin who is no longer in company, he left, and did not leave the root password. : (

Thanks

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

For ESX you may want ot read http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1317898

André

0 Kudos
fapri
Contributor
Contributor

hello André

Is that the only to do it???? boot Linux in single user mode? because of the problem with ESX Admin user profile i am not able to correct shut the two ESX hosts....... What happens .....

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
bshubinsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes this is the only way if you don't have an account with Administrator rights and don't know the root password.

0 Kudos
fapri
Contributor
Contributor

already got the root password for each of the ESX servers can login administratively and separately in each ESX server, however I can not use my vcenter administrator in ESX servers, as it was before, how can I reverse this situation.

Thanks

0 Kudos