VMware Cloud Community
lennynyli
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

problems upgrading to vmware 6 from 5.5

hi

we are testing the upgrade to v6. our environment is running dell poweredge 2950 servers.

On a server that was installed with dell customised esxi 5.5 with latest patch, if i put a vmware esxi version 6 disc and run the upgrade process, it fails with the following screen:

Operation failed.

This program has encountered an error:

Could not obtain module order from esximage db: Error (see log for more info):

The installation profile could not be validated due to the following errors:

File path of '/etc/vmware/support' is claimed by multiple overlay VIBs: set (['Lenovo_bootbank_Invcustomization_6.0-0a',

'Dell_bootbank_dell-configuration-vib_5.5-2A05'])

File path of '/etc/vmware/oem.xml' is claimed by muultiple overlay VIBs: set(['Lenovo_bootbank_Invcustomization_6.0-0a', 'Dell_bootbank_dell-configuration-vib_5.5-2A05'])

I am concerned with the boot DVD having keyword Lenovo and dont understand why it has the word, I can only suspect the dvd is a customized version of Lenovo ESXi, am I right?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinriley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi there,

This KB2036167 should help you resolve this issue, but yes it looks like you've got a Lenovo custom ISO there, grab the Dell ESXi 6 ISO here after you've run through the steps in the KB and good luck!

Hope this helps

vM

-----------------------

VCAP-DCD / VCAP-DCA / VCP-CLOUD / VCP-DT / VCP5 / VCP4

-----------------------

vMustard.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
martinriley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi there,

This KB2036167 should help you resolve this issue, but yes it looks like you've got a Lenovo custom ISO there, grab the Dell ESXi 6 ISO here after you've run through the steps in the KB and good luck!

Hope this helps

vM

-----------------------

VCAP-DCD / VCAP-DCA / VCP-CLOUD / VCP-DT / VCP5 / VCP4

-----------------------

vMustard.com

0 Kudos