VMware Cloud Community
michelmichel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

perl

Hi, I don’t find /usr/bin/perl under esxi 5.5u1 – would like to use it to send emails. How can I install that? Using the image HP is providing for their/my HP ProLiant Microserver Gen8.

Thanks in advance Michael

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScreamingSilenc
Jump to solution

vSphere SDK for Perl is a client-side Perl framework that provides an easy-to-use scripting interface to the vSphere API.

You can try below steps to install perl on esxi

#esxcfg-nas -y -a -o perl-binary -s /perl perl-binary

#export PATH=$PATH:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/bin:/bin:/sbin:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8

#export PERL5LIB=$PERL5LIB:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/5.8.8:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SatyS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You need to install the perl package for the same.Have a look @vSphere SDK for Perl Documentation and https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/viperltoolkit/viperl16/doc/viperl_install.pdf

-SatyS

If you find this useful,please mark the answer as correct/helpful

Regards,
SatyS
http://myvirtuallearning.wordpress.com/

michelmichel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, I see an installation under windows and under centos in that doc plus a description of a virtual appliance, but how will the perl binary get to the esxi host? I hope I'm not getting anything wrong. Or better: I DO hope I'm getting anything wrong. :smileycry:

0 Kudos
ScreamingSilenc
Jump to solution

vSphere SDK for Perl is a client-side Perl framework that provides an easy-to-use scripting interface to the vSphere API.

You can try below steps to install perl on esxi

#esxcfg-nas -y -a -o perl-binary -s /perl perl-binary

#export PATH=$PATH:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/bin:/bin:/sbin:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8

#export PERL5LIB=$PERL5LIB:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/5.8.8:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8:/vmfs/volumes/perl-binary/lin32/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
0 Kudos
michelmichel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok got it, I will use vMA to accomplish what I want. Thanks for pointing me there.

Kind regards

0 Kudos