VMware Cloud Community
vikrantkamboj12
Contributor
Contributor

p2v transfer rate is very slow

Can anybody help me   when i am doing p2v the transfer rate is very slow arround 479 kb/s and and from last 36 hours p2v  completes only 16%.  the source phisical  machine e hdd size is 1 tb .I have disabled the ssl encryption   and set the from true to false .

Thanks

vikrant

0 Kudos
7 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - How is your network configured?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Just to confirm: Did you restart the worker service after changing the SSL settings (see VMware KB: Disabling SSL encryption on VMware Converter Standalone 5.x )?

André

0 Kudos
vikrantkamboj12
Contributor
Contributor

yes a.p i have restarted the worker server but the problem is same 

0 Kudos
vikrantkamboj12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi weinstein  my network is configured with full duplex on source physical linux server its 1 gig speed and destination speed is also 1 gig

0 Kudos
virtual_goat11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - Are both servers connected to the same physical switch? If not please provide an idea of the topology..

Also are either server performing other tasks at the same time as the p2v? I'd recommend stopping as much on the source as possible. You may also want to look into the I/O load on source and destination as that may be the bottleneck and not the network.

0 Kudos
raffic_ncc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Most cases i faced slowness issues due to network adapter configured speed or some bad corrupted disk sectors...

Mohammed Raffic VCP4,VCP5,VCAP4-DCA,VCAP5-DCA,VCP-Cloud, MCSA.MCTS,CCA http://www.vmwarearena.com
0 Kudos
suj27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a similar issue, was doing P2V across datacenter (the source DC was getting closed). In that case it was the network device config between the DCs which was causing the issue. Do check if you have a similar setup, check the worker log for NFC timeout messages. I would definitely check for any running processes on the source box (as mentioned by virtual_goat11) which might interfere, say AntiVirus, applications doing frequent disk access, etc. The converter agent basically clones the blocks and programs constantly accessing disk blocks can slow things.

Sujeev Kumar
0 Kudos