VMware Cloud Community
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ntp

I have one standalone 5.1 esxi host. 3 centos vm's working on it. now i saw time is wrong on esxi 5.1 host. if i change it then i must reconfing on centos vm's ? Also i want to learn that How to set up ntp server for Linux virtual servers . How to set this setting in vmtools default settings. thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You need to configure the NTP on the ESXi and point it to a server NTP server NIST Internet Time Service or if you have a domain controller which acts as a NTP server you can configure that server as NTP for the ESXi.

For the VMs you can enable or disable time synchronization with the host. If you have in your network a server that acts as a NTP you can configure that server in centos as NTP server. If not, you can synchronize time with the ESXi host from the VM properties > Options > VMware Tools and there you will see the option.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You need to configure the NTP on the ESXi and point it to a server NTP server NIST Internet Time Service or if you have a domain controller which acts as a NTP server you can configure that server as NTP for the ESXi.

For the VMs you can enable or disable time synchronization with the host. If you have in your network a server that acts as a NTP you can configure that server in centos as NTP server. If not, you can synchronize time with the ESXi host from the VM properties > Options > VMware Tools and there you will see the option.

0 Kudos