VMware Cloud Community
BonnoB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

no coredump target warnig on 1 server

I have 3 ESXi 5.5 server with an enterprise license. Not using host templates, server boots from a SD card. All datastores accessed via iSCSI.

2 servers show no errors in the VMware client, one does in the summary screen.

The warning is: Configuration issues, No coredump target has been configured. Host coredumps cannot be saved.

On all 3 I have the same (disabled) configuration:

~ # esxcli system coredump network get

Enabled: false

Host VNic:

Network Server IP:

Network Server Port: 0

I do not want to configure a coredump location, it is disabled and that is what I want.

So why am I getting a warning on 1 server and not on the others?

Will a reboot of the ESXi server solve this? Probably not but just in case... 😉

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MyuFox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yep you need to change the UserVars.SuppressCoredumpWarning to 1 in the host settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MyuFox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yep you need to change the UserVars.SuppressCoredumpWarning to 1 in the host settings.

0 Kudos
BonnoB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks, that helped. But still funy, I had this not set on any of the three servers, alle three had the same disabled coredump config. I had a wanring on 1, and not on the other 2.

At least this warnign is now gone on alle three. 🙂

0 Kudos
PatrickAZ
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the same observations as you. uservar.suppresscoredumpwarning = 0 on all 4 ESXi 5.5 hosts but only one threw the warning message. I too followed the steps above to fix it. But yet I still pondered why. The best possibility was the that I had recently refreshed the host logs to troubleshoot another post 5.1-5.5 upgrade on just the one host not the other three. I think ESXi may touch that coredump partiton during log commands. It wasn't there so it threw the message...I suppose. Thanks, Patrick

0 Kudos