VMware Cloud Community
mmjaboor
Contributor
Contributor

nic connection problem

i successfully installed  esx 5  on vmware 8  with 3 nic  attached  :

at first  every  thing  is  ok  , but  when  i restart  esx  no nic detected and no networking avaliable  ,  how  to  reconfigure  esx to  see  attached  nic ?as222222222222222222.png

AS you can see no nic detected  while physically itis  connected

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BharatR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi

Check with the command whether it shows all the Nics

#esx cfg-nics

Best regards, BharatR--VCP4-Certification #: 79230, If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander

ShutDown the server. Remove NIC's on the server. Add New Nic selecting Hostonly Networking option.

Now power ON the server and see you will be able to configure Networking.

Thanks & Regards Dharshan S VCP 4.0,VTSP 5.0, VCP 5.0
0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

since ESXi installed on workstation VM esure that NICs are connected from the Edit Settings. Coz in some instances vNICs will get disconnected after VM reset.

0 Kudos
mmjaboor
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for fast response ,

yes this command detect missing  nics  but yet no one can be detected

i cannot ping  esx host

0 Kudos
BharatR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Try to boot from the Troubleshooting Mode and again check for same whether the nics are visible

Best regards, BharatR--VCP4-Certification #: 79230, If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mmjaboor
Contributor
Contributor

i shutdown server  but remove old nic and  connect new  one  but  the same  problem still

0 Kudos
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander

In the Vmware workstation, right click on the ESXI host and go to edit setting and click on the network adapter in the right side to see if the connected and connect at power on are marked or not. if its unchecked,check those box. also configure with hostonly, if required go for bridge..

Thanks & Regards Dharshan S VCP 4.0,VTSP 5.0, VCP 5.0
0 Kudos
mmjaboor
Contributor
Contributor

333.png

as you can see nics  exist  but i cannot access them

0 Kudos
BharatR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi

Here is the article u can try it.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1034782

mmjaboor
Contributor
Contributor

no problem exist in wmware all  thing is ok i can see  nic by command line , but i cannot configure it by  gui

0 Kudos