VMware Cloud Community
Shahzad-Ali
Contributor
Contributor

new SSD is not detectable in ESXI host 6.5

Hi Team,

i have HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Power edge server. and i have install vmware 6.5 on it. My primary Operating System harddrive is 250Gig SSD and working fine, but the issue is i have added one more 2TB SSD drive into my esxi host but  its not showing me in the esxi host but i can able to see it in the HP Management console panel. 

Could you please guide me how can i configured the and used the SSD drive as datastore in esxi host.

thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

How are the SSD drives connected?
In case that they are connected to the host's RAID controller, you may need to configure the SSD using the SmartArray Configuration Utility, so that it will be presented to the OS.

André

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
If you installed ESXi ver 6.5 with HP's custom ISO, you must have the disk controller management utility (HPE Smart Storage Administrator CLI ) HPSSACLI or SSACLI
start an SSH session on the ESXI host and check if you have the following directory
/opt/smartstorageadmin/ssacli/bin/ssacli

With the above utility you can verify and configure your HPE disk controller.

You could also get from the following link and install, it is very helpful

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_5fa5b0d965c84875b9b7410471

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos