VMware Cloud Community
bdemon16
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

network (subnet) failover?

Hi folks,

Hopefully someone can answer a quick question. We have a 3 node HP DL380 G7 ESXi 5.0 cluster. One of our subnets is config'd as non-redundant, that is the vswitch only has one physical connection on each machine.I was under the impression that "pulling" the ethernet cable on a system would cause a VM failover to a different node. Testing has revealed this is not the case. So, my question is, is this a matter of configuration or just not possible with the lone connection?

Thanks in advance.

BuddyD

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - If you are referring to VMware HA the answer is no loss of network to the VM will not cause a failover of tje VM to the other host.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - If you are referring to VMware HA the answer is no loss of network to the VM will not cause a failover of tje VM to the other host.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
bdemon16
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, apologies for the lack of clarity on my part. So...redundant network connections are required and it will notify if there is an issue/problem.

Thanks for the quick response.

0 Kudos