VMware Cloud Community
flashcoder
Contributor
Contributor

monitoring ESXi 5 host using Hyperic HQ

Hi there!

I apologize if this is not the right place to discuss it but.. I am getting very confused about how to monitor ESXi with Hyperic HQ. In earlier versions up to 3.0 (if I understand properly) it was possible to install a linux agent on the ESXi host and it would work. Now there is vCenter involved. Problem in my situation is that we dont have the vCenter, its only single standalone ESXi 5.0 server that is holding a bunch of VMs. Basically what is important - have Hyperic HQ to monitor the ESXi host where it would be possible to see some basic metrics like disk space and performance, CPU and memory usages, some Ethernet traffic and ideally RAID status. Would be cool to see whats going on with VM instances from the perspective of host but thats not critical as the machines will have their own agents to monitor their services anyways. We dont have vCenter, and its not terribly necessary as we have just one ESXi host. It would require another server just to run that vCenter, and thats not an option unfortunately.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions ladies and gentlemen.

-Nils

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
flashcoder
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

Has anyone tried to compile/build 3.0 agent to run on ESXi 5?

0 Kudos