VMware Cloud Community
AubreyT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

mapping a target object to a virtual machine

This seems like an easy question, but I have not been able to find an answer. When I go to my ESXi 6.7 vcsa vCenter GUI, and click on an ESXi host, then go to Monitor > Performance > Advanced > CPU (Real Time), the second column shows as the Object column. It shows up as the Target Object if I were to click into chart options.

How can I map the target object to what it is referencing (I think it is a VM). Oftentimes, I have one or more target objects running at 100% CPU usage. I want to identify what the target object is referencing without having to look at the CPU stats of each VM individually running on that host.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AubreyT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I opened a case with VMware to get more feedback.

The managed objects in the Performance > Advanced > CPU > Realtime are showing CPU processors.

I had certain objects that would be at 100%, then change to a second object number. These CPU objects show how busy the ESXi host is. When I look at my CPU usage over a day or week, the percentage used is under 50%. I do not see any issues with VM availability. VMware support suggested I move some high CPU VMs off of it's current host, to a second host with less CPU usage.

Aubrey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AubreyT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I opened a case with VMware to get more feedback.

The managed objects in the Performance > Advanced > CPU > Realtime are showing CPU processors.

I had certain objects that would be at 100%, then change to a second object number. These CPU objects show how busy the ESXi host is. When I look at my CPU usage over a day or week, the percentage used is under 50%. I do not see any issues with VM availability. VMware support suggested I move some high CPU VMs off of it's current host, to a second host with less CPU usage.

Aubrey

0 Kudos