VMware Cloud Community
nhdc
Contributor
Contributor

lsi sas9260-8i not detect by vsphere

I'm using different versions of vsphere to install and not able to since vsphere don't see the raid created by lsi sas9260-8i.  Any suggestion ?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
minor76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You probably have to load the drivers on your host.   You can download the drivers from the compatibility site: VMware Compatibility Guide - I/O Device Search and search for your card.  You can login to the host and run esxcli software vib install -d megaraid_sas-6.604.54.00-1948917.zip  -just replace .zip with the proper drivers you downloaded.

0 Kudos
nhdc
Contributor
Contributor

minor76‌, how can I login to the host since I can't even get to install it yet ?

0 Kudos
JarryG
Expert
Expert

Can you try installing ESXi 5.0 (or 5.5)? I had this controller and I remember it was detected with all arrays. I did not have to do anything special during installation. I do not have it anymore so I can not test if ESXi 6.0 can detect it (and arrays)...

btw when you jumpt to controller-bios (webios or how it is called) during boot-up, do you see arrays? Are they initialized?

_____________________________________________ If you found my answer useful please do *not* mark it as "correct" or "helpful". It is hard to pretend being noob with all those points! 😉
0 Kudos
nhdc
Contributor
Contributor

JarryG‌, I tried to use 5.0, 5.5, 6.0u1, but it's still the same thing, can't see the raid drive.  As for raid bios, the array is initialized, and showing the array.  At first I thought the same too that the array was not created or initialized, but I checked and double checked and pretty sure the array is there and initialized.

0 Kudos
minor76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What brand of server are you using?

0 Kudos
nhdc
Contributor
Contributor

minor76‌, Supermicro X9SCL/X9SCM Xeon E31230 3.20GHz 16gb

0 Kudos
minor76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Depending on the brand of server you are using, you can grab the vendor ISO which will have the raid drivers imbedded into the image.

0 Kudos
nhdc
Contributor
Contributor

minor76‌, where do I go to get this ISO ?

0 Kudos
minor76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check this site out and create your own ISO image.

https://matthill.eu/tutorials/add-drivers-to-a-vmware-esxi-iso/

0 Kudos
nhdc
Contributor
Contributor

minor76, I have tried this way and still not able to do the installation.  So I have decided to just use singe drive instead of raid.  Thanks for everyone help.

0 Kudos
albmur
Contributor
Contributor

I have this card As 9260cv-8i and it has been workin until 6.7 but I have upgraded to 7 and it doesn't work. 

0 Kudos