VMware Cloud Community
james02
Contributor
Contributor

losing Static IP settings on windows 2012 VM

Hi All,

Hope somebody will be able to help me with this. I started

losing Static IP settings on one of my windows 2012 VM .

Network adapter is VMXNET 3

Thanks

Akeem

5 Replies
TobiasArvastsso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had this problem on a customer server.

It ended up being that it was an ip conflict in the network. Can be that the ip address you have on the server are in the DHCP span or a not up to date ip table so 2 persons have taken the same ip. It can also happen if there are network adapters with the same mac address on the network.

Check the windows logs and there you will usually get the answer when its network related problems for the windows server.

0 Kudos
brunofernandez1

we had a similar problem on a 2012 server.

when you add/remove a lot of times the network cards the system doen't know whitch ip belongs to whitch network card.

have a trie with with another type of network card like the e1000

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards from Switzerland, B. Fernandez http://vpxa.info/
0 Kudos
james02
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Still going thru the log.

0 Kudos
Srinivasu13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Try to uninstall VMWare tools and remove un-used NIC's from device manager and re-install vmware tools.Re-configure IP's and check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, Srini
0 Kudos
james02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

This was resolved. By

Remove the NIC

Clear registry : HLM\system\CurrentControlSet\control\network\ and delete Config

Reboot the Server

Re-add the NIC

And everything is back to normal again.

Thanks all for your help.

Akeem