VMware Cloud Community
Atomliu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

iscsi network issue

I just attach a iscsi storage to ESXI and then allocate space available on this storage to a VM .In the VM I copy a big file (about 4G) to this disk ,during the process ,it always happened that the coping procedure is no response.

I have tried iStorage Server and Starwind . iStorage Server is a little better than Starwind in performance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Without details about your setup it's hard to say what's wrong. Please provide as many details as possible about your test environment, the versions you use and the network configuration (especially the iSCSI setup).

Best bet is usually to use the vendor's best practice documentation. On the Starwind website you will find these under Resources, on the Kernsafe website it's not easy to find the documentation and what I found is a little bit outdated (configurations for ESX 4.0), but maybe I missed something. However, since you are working for Kernsafe I'm sure you have access to documentation.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Without details about your setup it's hard to say what's wrong. Please provide as many details as possible about your test environment, the versions you use and the network configuration (especially the iSCSI setup).

Best bet is usually to use the vendor's best practice documentation. On the Starwind website you will find these under Resources, on the Kernsafe website it's not easy to find the documentation and what I found is a little bit outdated (configurations for ESX 4.0), but maybe I missed something. However, since you are working for Kernsafe I'm sure you have access to documentation.

André

0 Kudos
Anton_Kolomyeyt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The whole thread was started by person and account created only to promote KornSave iSCSI. It (person) pretends to ask technical questions about his company own product. VMware community is not a marketing vehicle. IMHO of course. Please respect us.

Atomliu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

First I am just a technical man not a seller .I  have no responsibility to promote KernSafe  iscsi ,I just post the problems I have really met during working.OK? If I am really a marketer .I feel it is foolish to post in that way .OK?

0 Kudos
Anton_Kolomyeyt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Not OK Smiley Happy

Your LinkedIn profile clearly indicates you are exactly a marketing person for your company. See:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=222054459

Current
  1. KernSafe Technologies
Previous
  1. digitalchina

--

First I am just a technical man not a seller .I  have no responsibility to promote KernSafe  iscsi ,I just post the problems I have really met during working.OK? If I am really a marketer .I feel it is foolish to post in that way .OK?

a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please stay professional and don't become personal.

Everyone is welcome to ask technical questions, that's what the forum is meant for. However, it's critical if someone who works for a vendor compares his company's product with other vendor's products!

I will lock this discussion now.

André