VMware Cloud Community
01closer
Contributor
Contributor

iscsi help please

I am  so new to scsi. I have connected a esxi 4.0 server to a iscsi external source no problem. however im trying to connect several other esxi servers to this same share and it appears it only will except one connection. i have tried this with openfiler and a drobo pro. I have no issues connecting many servers to a nfs share. . I have no experiance with iscsi. any help is apreciated. I ideally would like the esxi servers and the vcenter server to be connected to the iscsi share.

Thank you

Mark

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Try a rescan in storage configuration.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... to this same share ...

What do you mean by "share"? How did you assign the iSCSI LUN to the ESXi hosts. In case of iSCSI you don't use shares. You would create LUNs on the storage, present them to the hosts and create VMFS datastores on them. And DON'T try to present such a LUN to the vCenter Server or another Windows system, this will most likely render the partition unusable (Windows likes to modify partition types to NTFS)

André

0 Kudos
01closer
Contributor
Contributor

by share i simply want both esxi servers to see the same storage. it seem i can connect one esxi or the other but not both.

0 Kudos