VMware Cloud Community
fiea
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

installing ESXI

I downloaded esxi 670 to create a bootable usb(through Rufus) but that isnt working. The download is a zip, not an iso and the zip doesnt contain an iso.

Anyone who can tell me how to create a bootable Esxi disk?

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ahmedkhalaf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The zip ESXi is called offline bundle this mainly for the upgrade through command line but the ISO one you can use it with USB boot or through iLO for install or upgrade ESXi

below link for the ISO and offline bundle (ZIP) after download use rufus or any application to create the boot usb

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=ESXI67U3B&productId=742&rPId=8...

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CWmorin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can download all sofware on myvwmare.com - requires a login

Then goto All products | Select VMware vSphere --> View Download Components

Select you version in the drop-down and Product sku below | Select Go To Downloads and 

voila'

Hope this helps, if so - show some Kudos!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Assuming that you are not actually talking about ESXi Arm Edition - in which community you posted your question - which exact file did you download?

André

0 Kudos
Ahmedkhalaf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The zip ESXi is called offline bundle this mainly for the upgrade through command line but the ISO one you can use it with USB boot or through iLO for install or upgrade ESXi

below link for the ISO and offline bundle (ZIP) after download use rufus or any application to create the boot usb

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=ESXI67U3B&productId=742&rPId=8...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
CWmorin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good Point - THis is the ESXi-ARM forum and on another note, I do not see available versions less than v7, is this correct?

Download ESXi for ARM (vmware.com)

0 Kudos
fiea
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

works, thank you for the fast reply

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution