C drive.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can only increase a partition when there's adjacent free disk space to this partition. In your case you need to use a partitioning tool to relocate the H: drive, and then increase the C; drive. I usually use the gParted live CD/ISO in such cases.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi...had you tried Extpart.exe, from Dell? It's a good tool...You have another partition on that drive...i don't know if this tools will work ok...you can give a try, but It's more safe (if you have available space) to do a converter, and change the disks layout.

Before any change, backup your data, or clone the VM, or take snapshot.

Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos
Bobhomer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unfortunately you cannot increase the C: drive in Server 2003 if it is a System or Boot partition using diskpart. You can try using a third party tool like "Extpart"

Expanding System Drive of a running W2K3 VM using EXTPART | Exchange Goddess

If it is useful, please mark answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can only increase a partition when there's adjacent free disk space to this partition. In your case you need to use a partitioning tool to relocate the H: drive, and then increase the C; drive. I usually use the gParted live CD/ISO in such cases.

André

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Install Free Partition Software for Server - AOMEI Partition Assistant Lite

Then move the H: partition to the end of the unallocated space...  The unallocated space is then adjacent to the C: partition which then can be increased....

All without a reboot 🙂

/Rubeck

0 Kudos