VMware Cloud Community
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert

identify the firmware and driver versions of hardware connected to the host

Dear Team,

I have cisco ucsb-b200-M3 blade server need ur assistance to identify the firmware and driver versions of hardware connected to the host what command need to run??? also want to export command output to text file .

Powercli command not required.

Current installed ESXi version is 5.1 U1

Appreciate prompt response.

regards

Mr VMware

3 Replies
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

here is a kb file that explain how to determine storage and network adapter versions. I guess you are looking for fnic and enic versions right?

VMware KB: Determining Network/Storage firmware and driver version in ESXi/ESX 4.x and ESXi 5.x

Looks like that.

vmkload_mod -s fnic | grep Version

Version: Version 1.6.0.10, Build: 1198611, Interface: 9.2 Built on: Feb 14 2014

~ # ethtool -i vmnic0

driver: enic

version: 2.1.2.50

firmware-version: 2.2(2c)

bus-info: 0000:06:00.0

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert

Thanks Jim,

as suggested  I have ran the above command and I am able to get nic firmware version but not able to fnic firmware version

please find the snap.

fnic firmware version.JPG

Version: 1.5.0.20 it's a driver version not a firmware version, need ur assistance how to get fnic firmware version.

regards

Mr VMware

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

the firmware is based on your usc image. So check the ucs version and you will be able to see what firmware you are using.

To check the version, you could easy use the ucs manager software. But normaly, if you not installed a special firmware version only for your fnics, then the version is the same as the enic version.

Are you using a VIC Card? We are, therefor the firmware version is the same.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos