Best Regards

Christophe

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Shakaal
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

try checking Network latency, between the two. As iSCSI travels over existing LAN the underlying LAN is causing the Latency. you might need to invovle your network team.

Regards

chrisfremaux
Contributor
Contributor

I launched the cp command from datastore2 and I'm 13m / s between the two iscsi.

This is not very efficient

Regards

0 Kudos
hbato
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are there any more traffic running through your LAN? 13ms is a bit slow.

Regards, Harold

0 Kudos
cho9045
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you ever checked network MTU size and jumboframe option enabled?

What is your broadcom iSCSI adaptor model? Is it full H/W iSCSI adaptor or S/W iSCSIbidende?

0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

As all your network traffic is going from one VLAN ID due to which there is the network traffic jam/Blockage.

To work smoothly you might require to make your vmotion and management console on two different NIC / two different VLAN ID , which will make the traffice flow from two diffenet ways easily.

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
cho9045
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Think this is good indication.

iSCSI1 and iSCSI2 vmkernel ports are on the same subnet. so it would be good try to seperate these into 2 seperate subnet, hopefulle on different vswitch.

chrisfremaux
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry but there are two host who manage the disk array as below

vm5.png

it's works very well on esx4i

0 Kudos
Josh26
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What type of switch, how is it configured, is it dedicated?

0 Kudos
rickardnobel
Champion
Champion

chrisfremaux wrote:

I have a problem in speed between ESX5i and MD3200i

The speed is 6m/s

Could you describe the actual problem some more? The speed above, is that network latency? (Check with vmkping from inside the ESXi Shell to the iSCSI target.) Or is it some throughput of data from the iSCSI storage to the host?

My VMware blog: www.rickardnobel.se
0 Kudos
Fatalglitch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please post screenshots of the VMKernel port configuration for each iSCSI port. Make sure that the iSCSI1 port has vmnic3 as it's primary, and vmnic2 as not used. iSCSI2 port should then have vmnic2 as primary, and vmnic3 as not used.

It appears they are direct connected. Make sure there is NO way that one of the ports on either end of the cable are set to gigabit half-duplex (before I get flamed, Gb half duplex IS REAL, it's mainly for hubs and repeaters, but it's real, and it's in the spec). I've seen this happen once ever, but check it to make sure.

If the connection is passing through a switch, please let us know what kind of switch, and how many "hops" the connection is taking to get from host to the PowerVault array

Tom Callahan, TESSCO Technologies Inc., 410-709-8662
0 Kudos
chrisfremaux
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Thank you all, the problem was the broadcom cards of Dell PowerEdgeT610.
It must go through iSCSI software adapter vwmware esx5i.
The speed is increased to 60MB / s

Christophe

vm6.png

0 Kudos
chrisfremaux
Contributor
Contributor

impecc

0 Kudos