VMware Cloud Community
kunbong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i failed at Licenses again! Please help!

I used evaluation license in some days to ensure that my system working fine. Today, I active my license and use it but i failed. My details are here:

- 4 blade servers bl460c Gen8 with 2 CPUs, 8 cores per CPU and Hyperthreading enabled.

- I have 8 OEM licenses of vSphere (VMw vSphere Std 1P 1yr)

- I already get Licence Key from HP, then i active it and get Activation Code from VMware. It's look like simple

- But when i enter this activation code into my ESXi server, error appear (http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1518/4w49.png)

I understand that activation code is only for 1 CPU. But i have thought i have to enter 2 activation codes to my ESXi server to enable 2 CPUs (and supporters of HP said the same). I didn't know only one activation code will be enter. Do i buy other license key? Does it have some way to use my OEM license?

All products and license was bought through HP in a project.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You need to combine the licenses in the license portal.

The error comes up since you are trying to add a 1 cpu license to a 2 cpu machine.

On another note, it does seem that you do not have enough licenses for your hosts since you have 4 hosts with 2 cpu:s in each = 8 licenses.

(Assuming that HP is selling 1cpu licenses)

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You need to combine the licenses in the license portal.

The error comes up since you are trying to add a 1 cpu license to a 2 cpu machine.

On another note, it does seem that you do not have enough licenses for your hosts since you have 4 hosts with 2 cpu:s in each = 8 licenses.

(Assuming that HP is selling 1cpu licenses)

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
kunbong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I already had 8 OEM licenses from HP which help me get 8 activation codes from VMware. You save my life when tell me about "combine licenses" and "license portal".

I'm try it now...

Big thank, my hero!

P/S: If i successful in combine 2 license, i will use new license tomorow, then i will tell you it work or not. Thanks!

0 Kudos