VMware Cloud Community
fernandoquinino
Contributor
Contributor

i can't start more one vm because doesn't have sufficient resources

Hello Fellows,

I need your help to troubleshooting this problem. The vSphere 5 did't permit power one more one vm, even with 1 slot left for do this.

Anyone can help me to find out why there isn't enough resources? as Can you see prints in attached it's appears there is enough resources for this.

These prints explain more about settings in my environment, in few words, i don't have any reservation, i using das.slotcpuminmhz and das.slotmemminmb for assign more resource than as by default.

Tks,

Fernando

2 Replies
ssbkang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, Apparently, Admission Control is stopping you from powering-on the virtual machine. From the third screenshot attached, there is only one slot left and if the virtual machine uses more than 1 slot, it won't let you power-on the virtual machine. Try using Percentage of cluster resources for Admission Control Policy. Regards, Steven.

fernandoquinino
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steven,

Thanks for you reply. Exactly, i knew which Admission Control restrict power on virtual machine for ensure which there are enough resources for failover. How can you see, i have more one slot available for start up virtual machine, that is not for failover is for power on.

I wanna know if is possible one virtual machine use more than 1 shot, and Why?

I understand which Percenteage of cluster resouces is more recommended but i'm studing these Admission Control methods and i wanna to understand how it's works.

Best Regards,

Fernando

0 Kudos