VMware Cloud Community
thakkarjanak
Contributor
Contributor

hyper-v to VMware coversation

Hi,

I am using vCenter 5.1 in my environment. I want to convert hyper-v vm to vmware environment but as per the vmware document we have to first shutdown the hyper-v vm.

Is it possible to migrate hyper-v vm to vmware without shutdown of vm. Is vmware vcenter converter will work for this becuase i tried it but its not working for me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

VMware Converter supports Hyper-V virtual machines either way, powered on and/or powered off (see http://www.vmware.com/pdf/convsa_50_guide.pdf page 21) Please explain how you are trying to convert the Hyper-V VM and which issues you have.

André

0 Kudos
thakkarjanak
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andre.

I am trying to convert the hypier-v vm to ESXi using vCenter converter standalone. First I tried to migrating hyper-v to my vCenter server and when I submit the job its not working. Then I tried to migrate from hyper-v to my ESXi host and its working. After migrating I have installed vmware tools but my keyboard is now not functioning properly like when I press "m" it display "0".

Is there any other method other than vCenter converter to migrate the vm from Hyper-V to VMware when vm is online? Your suggestion would be helpful.

0 Kudos