VMware Cloud Community
Hayko_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hpe microserver gen8, esxi 6.5 hp packet error: naa.600508b1001cd3b82c7ef14blee39fc7\nerror

hello, im new in this forum and also the esxi.

But then te business..

i got this error when installing hp version of esxi

normal 6.5 works fine but the raidcontroller is not supported..

both give the same error

VMware-ESXi-6.5.0-OS-Release-4564106-HPE-650.9.6.0.28-Nov2016 and

VMware-ESXi-6.5.0-OS-Release-5146846-HPE-650.9.6.5.27-May2017

esxi.JPG

gen8 microserver,

16gig ecc

samsung ssd 256gb

xeon E3-1265L

-sorry for bad english Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

As msripada suggested, you could try installing on different storage.

You can install ESXi on USB flash/thumb drive especially if this is just for experimentation/testing purpose. You would then boot up the ESXi hypervisor from the USB drive and use the RAID storage as ESXi datastore. A 4GB USB flash drive should be sufficient.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello Hayko,

From the screenshots, it is displaying that it cannot read the storage LastusableLBA or there is a conflict with the information with its reading. can you check if the BIOS and firmware is updated before installing 6.5 and try again or try different storage and check if that works with the same ESXi images.

Thanks,

MS

bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

As msripada suggested, you could try installing on different storage.

You can install ESXi on USB flash/thumb drive especially if this is just for experimentation/testing purpose. You would then boot up the ESXi hypervisor from the USB drive and use the RAID storage as ESXi datastore. A 4GB USB flash drive should be sufficient.

Hayko_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thx for the answers!

I just run the new firmware updates. Later this day i try installing esxi again.

yesturday i tried also the 6.0 hp image but it gives the same error message.. Normal image did work just fine.

-hayko

0 Kudos
Hayko_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok now this become quite interesting... 6.5 custom hp image istalled with no errors on usb memory...

So is the ssd broken or some errors with the custom raid driver. Next i need to install it on some other drive, need to figure where to get one Smiley Happy

samsung pro 850 256gb ssd

-Viitaharju

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

to confirm there is no fault with ssd try this.

1. boot with esxi installed on usb.

2. Check SSD is listed in available disk.

3. Create vmfs datastore on it.