VMware Cloud Community
TedH256
Expert
Expert

how to clear cluster summary "configuration issues" warning

HA initiated a virtual machine failover action in cluster Prod-Cluster in datacenter Prod-DataCenter

Customer had a power event - all servers are now back up and running, but the cluster summary message (and the little alert triangle) are still showing up. There are no alarms (that I can find) to clear - how do we make this message go away?

9 Replies
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander

What is the summary message.. Put a screen shot.

Also you can try turn OFF HA and turn ON HA on the cluster.if the error is related to HA configuration error.

Thanks & Regards Dharshan S VCP 4.0,VTSP 5.0, VCP 5.0
TedH256
Expert
Expert

1898034.png

TedH256
Expert
Expert

disabling and then re-enabling worked.

Doh!

I guess vSphere 5 HA is not fully rid of some of the pesky management issues that we saw in earlier versions. I should have though about trying this - thnx for the kick in the Arse ...

0 Kudos
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander

This happen some time when there is disconnection issue with heartbeat between the server and pops with configuration issue. Once we turn OFF and TURN ON HA every thing works fine,.

Award points by clicking the below tab if the answer is helpful or correct Smiley Happy

Thanks & Regards Dharshan S VCP 4.0,VTSP 5.0, VCP 5.0
tjpr
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue and same solution.

Thanks!

vmsatkum
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Guys , it really helped me too I was in worst situation , in fact I would like to tell you what landed me in this situation ,  the customer configured two redundant switch and some power fluctuation did not revert on one switch since the configuration of Vlans and ports wasn't saved on one switch ....after switch side correction  I did reconfiguration of HA , and then this error kept popping ...Any way thanks guys

Regards

0 Kudos
gmitchell09
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, same solution.  Very helpful, thank you.

0 Kudos
KissTibor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Solved my problem too! Thx!

0 Kudos
luizgarcia83
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, same solution!

Thanks!

0 Kudos