VMware Cloud Community
Tornado2800
Contributor
Contributor

how to assign new ip to ESXI?

Hi

datacenter install ESXI in my server with 4 free ip and above ips work fine .

after im request to 13 new ips from datacenter ! but this ips not work in VPS.

because when i check this 13 ip are in diffrent gateway ! Smiley Sad

so i think ESXI do not support multiple gateway !

so for adding new 13 Ip what is should to do ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - I am assuming these IP addresses are to be used for virtual machines (VM)- because an ESXi needs at a minimum 2 IP addrsses - one for the management address and a VMotion address if you are using VMotion and if you are using iSCSI you would need one more - If these addresses are to be used by your VMs just assign them to the virtual machines as your would a physical machine and insure they are connected to the approriate networks - theoretically you coud have 13 VMs on 13 different networks with 13 different gateways exist on the same ESXi host as long as they can connect to their respective network segments

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Tornado2800
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply

but i think we need secondary route/gateway.

because new ips are in another range !

so we cant assign new gateway to ESXI ,

because ESXI using another gateway for default Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Nikhil_Patwa
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Does you server have extra NIC, if so connect to the network range and in ESXi server under Networking add an extra network configure the IP and Gateway to the range you want your VMs to connect as this will enable you to define to what physical network you want your VMs to connect to. Another option could be to create VPN.

Hope this will give you some idea.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos