VMware Cloud Community
mhahmed01
Contributor
Contributor

how can i see the list of IP's available and allotted to the VMware server?

I created VM's on Vmware server ESXi 5.0 and once its created could not find the IP allotted to that VM. I browsed and found that this might be because isolation.tools.setinfo.disable must be False. But i could not find this parameter in the VM edit setting-->general under advanced.

I added this parameter and power on the VM but still did not get the IP for the VM.

Kindly suggest what can be done.?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Okay, you've posted in the VMware Workstation forum yet you said "I created VM's on Vmware server ESXi 5.0..." and since there is no VMware Product by that name, ESXi is vSphere Hypervisor and VMware Server is a discontinued and unsupported product, it would help if you clarify what you really have done.  Like if you've installed vSphere Hypervisor ESXi 5.0 under VMware Workstation, which some do for testing and lab scenarios or on Bare Metal, etc, etc! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
ruby12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

Please let us know if you are looking IP of the ESX Server it self or guest you have crated ?

There is no limit to courage.
0 Kudos
mhahmed01
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies, I actually meant the vSphere Hypervisor ESXi 5.0. I wanted to know the listed of IP's that are still available.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Discussion successfully moved from VMware Workstation to VMware ESXi 5

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

ESXi does not manage the IP addresses - since DHCP will assign an IP automatically it sounds like you are manually configuring the IP addresses - you will have to maintain a list of addresses used -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ramkrishnagorai
Contributor
Contributor

Have you installed vmware tool inside this VM?

Assign proper Network connection to the VM.

Power on the VM and wait for 10 min. So that vmware tool can fetch network information from the VM.

0 Kudos
john23
Commander
Commander

Check the tools status, it should come ok

Check from ESXi command line as well:

vim-cmd vmsvc/get.guest vmid |grep -m 1 "ipAddress = \""

What the output coming for this??

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos