VMware Cloud Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hostdatastoresystem.createvmfsdatastore for object ha-datastoresystem

I'm sorry if this question had been ask before but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to setup a test lab with our old storage array (IBM N3600 aka Netapp 2050) using iSCSI.  I'm pretty sure everything looks correct, and I can see the storage with the correct iqn, I can see the LUNs that are created, however  whenever I try to add storage to ESXi host I get the following error...hostdatastoresystem.createvmfsdatastore for object ha-datastoresystem.  Even when I try to setup an NFS datastore I get the sane error for nfs volume.  My hair is just about all gone so I can't pull anymore out.  If anyone has any suggestions I sure would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance!

Perry

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello Perry,

what is version of ESXi and size of data store your trying to create..?

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Esxi 5.5 is the version and I tried very small.  went from 1TB down to 100GB and get the same message.  Get the same message when trying to configure NFS as well.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Are you using the vcenter server to add the Storage..? what happens when you directly connect to the Host via vsphere client.?

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

actually I am going straight to the host.  Eventually I will have another host and a vcenter server but for now I just have one host and the storage.  Have this setup just like it was in the production environment.  Only difference is the VMware version. 

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Ok. what do the logs tell us...? vmkernel and hostd.log.?? is it possible for you to paste them here..?

Thanks,

Avinash

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can try.  this is a test environment so I will have to figure that out.  thanks

0 Kudos