VMware Cloud Community
beckham007fifa

hardware status not coming in vsphere console

hi guys,

we are having hardware console tab in vsphere client but its not working , how to enable it???

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

beckham007fifa wrote:

hi guys,

we are having hardware console tab in vsphere client but its not working , how to enable it???

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this statement, can you provide more details?  The Hardware Status Tab is only available in vCenter.  Health Status is a link under the configuration tab, if connected directly to an ESX(i) Host.

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

when you will click on the host, ESX host. on the left hand pane the options will be displayed like general, summary, configurtion etc likewise there will be hardware status tab but its not coming for me.

i hope this can provide me hardware health from that. I need it. could anyone please help me on this.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

the hardware status tab is only present if you use vCenter to manage the host.  Otherwise, you'll have to go to the configuration tab--health status, if connecting directly to the ESX(i) Host with the client.

From you description you are connecting directly to the host, not vCenter.

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

hi,

I have ESX 4.0 and vcenter 4.0 and having this option but not working.

could you please guide me to make it work please

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

you are connected to vCenter, and on the left pane have a host higlighted?  You don't see the hardware status tab?  If not, check you Plug-Ins--Manage Plugins.  Is the vCenter Hardware Status Plugin installed and enabled?

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

I am able to connect these all options are the in vspehere client only man. i have connected via VC only man.  I can see the option but not working, whats the way to enable it.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

the plug-in is enabled?  You see the hardware status tab, but you are getting some sort of error?  Maybe post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

its been enabled from plugins. the error I can post it tomoro. that is not a big error. i am asking do we have to configure somehing in it for working or if you enable it from plugins it will start working?

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

yes, if it's enabled, it should work.  Make sure your vCenter Web Managment Webservices service is set to automatic/started.

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

i will check for this.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

guys,

kindly find the screenshot of the error found. kindly provide me the inputs for enabling this option.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

is this host in maintenance mode? If not see if the below article helps

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1030536

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

server is not in maintenace mode!!!!

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

hi,

i am not able to find vrmpolicy, where can I get it?

i have logged into the server with root and not able to find this vrmPolicy, can anyone help me with this? please

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

finally I got vrmp and followed the process but no luck

this was coming before but after patching the servers its gone...

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos