VMware Cloud Community
yhq_34
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

esxi6 machine stop

Hi ALL,

I was caused attached error, do you guys know what's the problem?

捕获.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alistar
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

you've run into an Uncorrectable Machine Check Error. The Error register's value is be00000000010093. After debugging this means that you have a memory read error (that also points out to the memMap throwing the PSOD) on Channel 17 - there is not that many channels in modern systems. The first thing I recommend doing is checking the CPU1's memory - ideally by running memtest for an extended period of time. If you have a warranty contact with vendor, have them replace the CPU along with all the memory sticks because in my live I haven't seen Channel 17.

Good luck!

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CoolRam
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

By seeing this screen its difficult to fidn the issu. you just login in the console and check for the logs.

First check your hardware is supported  for vSphere 6.0.

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
JarryG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

As the screenshot says: there was unrecoverable hardware error in your system, probably pcpu1. And it also says what to do: contact your hardware-vendor. You can not do much more. You could try to update bios for your motherboard, and you could try to update cpu-microcode, but I think ESXi 6.0 contains already the latest version.

_____________________________________________ If you found my answer useful please do *not* mark it as "correct" or "helpful". It is hard to pretend being noob with all those points! 😉
0 Kudos
Alistar
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

you've run into an Uncorrectable Machine Check Error. The Error register's value is be00000000010093. After debugging this means that you have a memory read error (that also points out to the memMap throwing the PSOD) on Channel 17 - there is not that many channels in modern systems. The first thing I recommend doing is checking the CPU1's memory - ideally by running memtest for an extended period of time. If you have a warranty contact with vendor, have them replace the CPU along with all the memory sticks because in my live I haven't seen Channel 17.

Good luck!

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos