VMware Cloud Community
salimmohammed
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

esxi 6.7 network configuration

I completed installation of Vmware Esxi 6.5 on my server HP DL380 g9 with 4 network adapters so I have Three port group.
1.Managment network.
2.Lanzone
3.Wanzone
Lanzone has its own virtual switch called LanvSwitch
Wanzone has its own virtual switch named WanvSwitch
LanvSwitch has one uplink mapped to vmnic1
WanvSwitch has one uplink mapped to vmnic2
All ports of the server connected to one physical switch ...Dlink

Virtual machine of Sophos has many network adapters.
I made adapter 1 to LanZone portgroup. And Adapter 2 to WanZone portgroup.
I can see preconfigured ips in sophos. I tried to reach all from the physical network of switch (Dlink) mentioned above but no success.

Did you observe any mis-configured issue above?

I could not access the virtual machine from my physical network, why ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

From what I understand, your configuration is ok. However, you don't have any redundancy.

In case that the physical switch supports VLANs, you may consider to configure tagged (802.1Q) ports, which will allow to use a single vSwitch with multiple uplinks (vmnics), and tagged port groups for the different VLANs.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I can see preconfigured ips in sophos.

Are these preconfigured IP addresses in a range that fits into your network?  If not you may want to change them accordingly.

I'm not familiar with Sophos, but I assume that it is possible to change the preconfigured IP addresses from the (virtual) console. Another option would be that you temporarily configure a PC with an IP address in the same subnet to be able to access the Sophos management, and change the settings from there.

André

0 Kudos
salimmohammed
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

as I understand you did not see any error in the configuration of esxi port groups and virtual switch ...etc. Am I right ?

I configured IP's in same ranges but I was trying to ping from WAN adapter of XG Sophos and that is why it give reques time out and no web interface available through WAN. At the moment I am trying to reach it from LAN interface.

I will feedback here.

My above question is to make sure that ESXI is properly configured.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

From what I understand, your configuration is ok. However, you don't have any redundancy.

In case that the physical switch supports VLANs, you may consider to configure tagged (802.1Q) ports, which will allow to use a single vSwitch with multiple uplinks (vmnics), and tagged port groups for the different VLANs.

André

0 Kudos
salimmohammed
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you.

I found the Sophos not replying any ping from WAN interface neither LAN also. I used the command: system appliance_access enable all things worked.

0 Kudos