VMware Cloud Community
seekworld
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

esxi 6.7.0 intall windows server 2016 login problem

I have a esxi 6.7.0 Update 1 (Build 10302608),when I create a new windows server2016 Standard Edition,at the end of the install, the system restart and dispaly the Login interface,need press ctrl+alt+del to login,I use ctrl+alt+insert,click the esxi menu sent "ctrl+alt+del" to windows server2016,but there is no response,still let me to press ctrl+alt+del to login,I try to reintall windows server2016 Standard Edition,and used diffent edition,even intall windows server2019,still the same problem can not login,still ask me to press ctrl+alt+del to login, I pressed ctrl+alt+insert,click the esxi menu sent "ctrl+alt+del" to windows serve,still  no response.

Please help me to see what is the reason and how to solve this problem. Thank you.esxi.png

The Way I Like!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidinCT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I know this does not help but, I am running 6.7.0 Update 1 (Build 13004448) and I just built 4 2016 standard VMs... I have not seen this issue on any of these VMs... it works fine here.  I am going to migrate from 2008 R2 to 2016...

Maybe upgrade ?

if you don't have vCenter and your a standalone ESX machine... this is the easiest way to update..

https://esxi-patches.v-front.de/ESXi-6.7.0.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidinCT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I know this does not help but, I am running 6.7.0 Update 1 (Build 13004448) and I just built 4 2016 standard VMs... I have not seen this issue on any of these VMs... it works fine here.  I am going to migrate from 2008 R2 to 2016...

Maybe upgrade ?

if you don't have vCenter and your a standalone ESX machine... this is the easiest way to update..

https://esxi-patches.v-front.de/ESXi-6.7.0.html

0 Kudos
seekworld
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks,Update to 6.7.0 Update 1 (Build 13004448) ,This problem has been solved.

The Way I Like!
0 Kudos