VMware Cloud Community
Pegasjus
Contributor
Contributor

esxi 6.5 can not create vm's

Hi,

After installing the esxi 6.5 (not the stand alone) on a Dell T130 server (test environment).

When I try to create a new vm (Linux, CentOS 7 x64).

I get the error "The vm configuration was rejected."

The server has no key yet so is in eval mode.

It is the first machine, no vcenter yet.

I don't believe it is a problem with x86/x64 settings, I got the same error when trying to create a x86 machine.

Anyone have an idea for this?

//Martin

Message was edited by: Pegasjus Found the problem in the end, had seperated the vm guest away from the default portgroup, created a new vswitch, but no new portgroup for that vswitch. Once done machine was created.

5 Replies
robsellers
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having same issue but new vm is Windows Server 2016.

esxi 6.5 in eval mode on a Dell PowerEdge M630.  It is the first machine, no vcenter yet.

Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
tayfundeger
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

There have been various discussions on this subject before. Would you create a new portgroup and try again? You must include the virtual machine in this portgroup.

--
Blog: https://www.tayfundeger.com
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/tayfundeger

vBlogger, vExpert, Cisco Champions

Please, if this solution helped your problem, "Helpful" if it solves your problem "Correct Answer" to mark.
0 Kudos
aetech201
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys I'm having the same exact issue. on ESXI 6.5 with Dell R620. I Added the interlace to the port group. When creating a VM the port group does not show up. Any one have any ideas? Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
pjinevitable
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced this problem too and creating a new port-group solved it just fine.

Thanks for the post gents! This issue was driving me crazy, since it was  brand new install of 6.5

0 Kudos
MDNaseer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same issue happened in my test env.  after adding the port group.

I'm able to create VMs