VMware Cloud Community
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

esxi 5.1 performance

we have 4 esxi 5.1 host and 100 vm . now we have performance problem. i want to find performance problem. which is the best way find to problemfor

for disk I/0,network, memory, cpu - vcenter operation manager or capacity planner or ???

thanks for helping

0 Kudos
4 Replies
brunofernandez1

are they in a Cluster managed by a vcenter?

what kind of storage are us using? NAS/SAN/DAS

the easyiest way is to click on the esx server an then look under performance....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards from Switzerland, B. Fernandez http://vpxa.info/
0 Kudos
vickey0rana
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vC OPS is best to use for capacity planning and finding issues in the virtual infra. Try this product from VMware and you will find it useful.

VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.x check Sunny Dua's blog for details and FAQ

http://vxpresss.blogspot.in/2014/04/vcenter-operations-manager-5x-faq.html

---------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) BR, Ravinder S Rana
0 Kudos
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what is vmware capacity planner  ? is it good idea for my find problems

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

VMware Capacity Planner is tool used when starting to virtualize your environment that allows you to monitor your physical workloads to identify which ones are good candidates for virtualization and will help you size the environment but it sounds like you are already virtualized - Are you having performance problems with all of your VMs? or is it only specific ones? Is the performance issues occurring with VMs running on a single host? Are you managing your environment with vCenter? The usual culprit for performance issues is over commitment of memory particularly if it is affecting multiple machines - As one of the posters indicated use the vsphere client and look at the performance tab for the esxi hosts

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos